Hawaiian Style Banana Bread
- Banana bread was born out of necessity in the US during the Great Depression, and especially in Hawaii where there were so many bananas they didn’t know what to do with them. So, they made bread. But, local/Hawaiian style banana bread is different from on the mainland (it’s just better haha). Here’s a quick and easy way to make your own banana bread.
- 8 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 season vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mash bananas
- Soften butter in microwave
- Add the eggs, butter, and bananas into a mixing bowl
- Add other ingredients in order listed above (liquid ingredients first and dry ingredients second)
- Thoroughly mix ingredients into a batter
- Pour batter into a bread pan
- Bake at 350°F for 60-65 minutes
- In images, I used a bread maker instead.
- For bread maker: set to “sweet/quick bread” and let bread maker do the rest haha.
- *Optional: add chopped nuts (mac nuts, walnuts, etc.) or whatever you want.*
-Bryce Hong, '23
Leave a Reply.