Mochiko chicken is a popular Hawaiian style fried chicken dish and one of my go-tos! It’s sorta like popcorn chicken, but better. This recipe is super easy to make and you’ll end up with a perfect combination of sweet and salty. It tastes well with rice and shoyu, a mac salad, or just by itself!
- 3-4 lbs of boneless chicken thighs- ½ cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- ½ cup beaten eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 oz mochiko flour
- 1 tbsp garlic
- Cut the chicken into long strips or bite size pieces
- Whisk the wet + dry ingredients together until smooth. Exclude the panko.
- Marinate the chicken overnight.
- Bread chicken with panko and fry until the internal temperature hits 165 ºF.
- Serve over hot rice or a mac salad!
-Himari Fujimoto, '23